Steps to reset the device to factory defaults
This will restore the device to the default state and erase all data and downloaded applications stored in it.
- Press and hold the Power button and then touch the Power off option on the screen to turn off the device.
- Simultaneously press and hold the Volume up button and Volume down button.
- Without releasing the Volume buttons, press and hold the Power button until the device displays the configuration screen.
- Press the Volume buttons to move the highlight bar on the screen to the Factory Reset option.
- Touch the Camera button to start the reset process.
- Wait for the device to reboot.
Steps to Erase all Stored Data
This will erase all the data including your Google account and downloaded applications from your device.
- Touch the Home button and then the Menu button. On the menu, touch Settings, Privacy, and then Factory data reset.
- Touch Reset device. You will need to draw your screen unlock pattern if it is enabled.
- Touch Erase everything after you read the warning.