Steps to Perform a Soft Reset
A soft reset stops all running programs, but does not erase any programs or saved data. Be sure to save any unsaved data within a running program before performing a soft reset.
- Locate the recessed Reset button on the bottom of your HP iPAQ.
- Use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button.
- The HP iPAQ restarts and displays the Today screen.
Steps to Perform a Factory Restore or Clean Reset
A clean reset or a factory restore clears all the user-installed programs, configuration/data, and restores your iPAQ to factory settings. Be sure to save any important/unsaved data to an external memory source before performing a factory restore since all your data will be erased.
- Press and hold the Answer/Send , Power , and End Call buttons.
- While holding these buttons, use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button on the bottom of the HP iPAQ until the device restarts.
When the HP iPAQ restarts, release all of the buttons, and then remove the stylus from the Reset button. The HP iPAQ restarts and powers on.