Steps to Perform a Soft Reset
A soft reset stops all running programs, but does not erase any programs or saved data. Be sure to save any unsaved data within a running program before performing a soft reset.
- Turn off iPAQ, remove and re-insert the battery, then turn on your iPAQ.
Steps to Perform a Factory or Hard Reset
A hard reset or a factory reset clears all the user-installed programs, configuration/data, and restores your iPAQ to factory settings. Be sure to save any important/unsaved data to an external memory source before performing a factory restore since all your data will be erased.
- Press Start > Settings > Security > Restore Factory Settings.
- Select Yes on the Restore Factory Settings screen and press Done.
- Press Reset on the confirmation screen. The device will restart.
Alternate way to Perform a Factory or Hard Reset
- Press and hold the number 6 key and turn on your iPAQ. Continue to hold the number 6 key until the reset message appears on screen.