Performing a soft reset
Performing a soft reset clears all active program memory and shut down all active programs. This is useful when your phone is running slower than normal, or a program is not performing properly. If a soft reset is performed when programs are running, unsaved work is lost.
- Pull out the stylus.
- Remove the back cover. Use the stylus tip to press the RESET button located at the left side of the open back panel.
- Your phone restarts and displays the Home screen. Replace the back cover and insert the stylus back into its compartment.
Performing a factory reset using phone buttons
It permanently erases all your personal data and customized settings, and also removes any programs you have installed.
- With the device turned off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN, TALK/SEND and END/POWER buttons until you see a message on the screen.
- Release the VOLUME DOWN, TALK/SEND and END/POWER buttons.
- Press the VOLUME UP button to restore the operating system to the factory default configuration,press the VOLUME DOWN button to restore the factory default configuration and remove any operator customization, or press any other button to cancel the reset.
Performing a factory reset via settings
Clear Storage can be used to reset your phone back to factory default settings.
- Tap Start > Settings > All Settings > System.
- Tap Memory > Clear Storage tab.
- Enter 1234, tap OK and then tap Yes to confirm.