To perform a soft reset
Use the stylus to press the RESET button found at the bottom of your device. Your device restarts and displays the Today screen.
To perform a hard reset using device keys
- Press and hold the left SOFT KEY and the right SOFT KEY, and at the same time, use the stylus to press the RESET button at the bottom of your device.
- Release the stylus, but continue pressing the two SOFT KEYs until you see the following message on the screen:This operation will delete all your personal data,and reset all settings to the manufacturer default settings. Press SEND to restore manufacturer defaults, or press any other button to cancel.
- Release the two SOFT KEYs, and then press TALK.
Another way of clearing the device storage and reset all settings back to factory default settings is to use the Clear Storage feature.
- Tap Start > Settings > System tab > Clear Storage.
- Select Also format NAND flash if you want to erase all data on the NAND flash and format it.
- Enter “1234” then tap Yes.