Performing a factory reset via settings
- On the Home screen, press MENU,and then tap Settings > Security > Factory reset.
- Enter “1234” and then tap OK.
Performing a factory reset while phone is turned off
- Press and hold the VOLUME UP, VOLUME DOWN and END CALL/POWER buttons. You will then see a message on the screen warning you that the operation will delete all your personal data and reset all settings to manufacturer default. Press Volume Down to restore manufacturer default,or press other keys to cancel.
- Press the VOLUME DOWN button to perform the factory reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.
- When prompted, press the VOLUME DOWN button to turn on the phone.
Tip: If your phone hangs or freezes, remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, and then put it back in. After reinserting the battery, turn the phone back on.