Performing a soft reset
Performing a soft reset clears all active program memory and shut down all active programs. This is useful when your phone is running slower than normal, or a program is not performing properly. If a soft reset is performed when programs are running, unsaved work is lost.
- Pull out the stylus.
- Remove the back cover. Use the stylus tip to press the RESET button located at the left side of the open back panel.
- Your phone restarts and displays the Home screen. Replace the back cover and insert the stylus back into its compartment.
Performing a factory reset using phone buttons
It permanently erases all your personal data and customized settings, and also removes any programs you have installed.
- With the device turned off, press and hold the TALK/SEND, END and POWER buttons until you see a message on the screen.
- Release the TALK/SEND, END and POWER buttons.
- Press the VOLUME UP button to perform the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.
Performing a factory reset via settings
Clear Storage can be used to reset your phone back to factory default settings.
- Tap Start > Settings > System > Clear Storage.
- Enter 1234 and then tap Yes.