To perform a soft reset
Open the rubber cover at the bottom of the device and then with the stylus, press the RESET button. Your device restarts and displays the Today screen.
To perform a hard reset
- Press and hold the TALK and END buttons, and at the same time, use the stylus to press the RESET button at the bottom of your device.
- Release the stylus, but continue pressing the TALK and END buttons until you see the following message on the screen: This operation will delete all your personal data, and reset all settings to the manufacturer default settings. Press ENTER to restore manufacturer defaults, or press any other button to cancel.
- Release the TALK and END buttons, and then press ENTER on your device.
Another way of clearing the device storage and reset all settings back to factory default settings is to use the Clear Storage feature.
- Tap Start > Settings > System tab > Clear Storage.
- Enter “1234” then tap Yes.