How to master reset HTC Touch Pro 2
Reset instructions for HTC Touch Pro 2
To perform a soft reset
- Pull out the stylus.
- Remove the back cover.
- Use the stylus tip to press the RESET button located at the upper-left side of the open back panel. Your device restarts and displays the Home screen.
- Replace the back cover and insert the stylus back into its compartment.
To perform a hard reset
- With the device turned off, press and hold the TALK/SEND, VOLUME DOWN and POWER buttons until you see this message on the screen.This operation will delete all your personal data, and reset all settings to manufacturer default. Press VolUp to restore manufacturer default, or press other keys to cancel.
- Release the TALK/SEND, VOLUME DOWN and POWER buttons.
- Press the VOLUME UP button.
- Press the SEND key.
- Press the VOLUME DOWN button.
Using Clear Storage
If you can access the device settings, you can use Clear Storage to reset your device back to factory default settings.
- Tap Start > Settings, and then tap All Settings.
- From the System tab, tap Memory.
- From the Clear Storage tab, ensure Factory Default is selected.
- Enter “1234” and then tap Yes.
Warning!: While reset/restore operation under process, you are advised not to remove your battery until the operation is completed and cellphone restarts otherwise phone damage may occur.
*Disclaimer:Performing a master clear/master reset/hard reset will erase all your data (photos,videos,contacts etc) completely and reset all the settings to Factory default. The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only.In no event will resetcellphone.com be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage. For complete disclaimer notice please visit Disclaimer. The brand names are the registered trademark of respective manufacturers.