Steps to Reset Phone
A master reset reverts the device back to factory settings. It will permanently erase all personal data, preferences, settings and downloaded content like ringtones and apps from your phone. It is recommended that you save (backup) your important data like contacts, photos, calendar etc. to your sim, SD card, or your computer before proceeding.
- From the standby screen, press the Menu icon.
- Scroll to and select Settings.
- Scroll to and select Privacy.
- Select Factory data reset.
- Read the displayed warning, then select Reset phone to continue.
- Read the displayed warning, then select Erase everything to continue. The phone will reboot.
Alternative method to Reset Phone
- Power off the device.
NOTE: If unable to power off, remove and reinsert the battery.
- Press and hold the Volume Down key and the Power Key.
- Release ONLY Power Key when Samsung Logo appears.
- Use Volume Up and Volume Down to scroll down to Wipe data/factory reset. Press Power key to confirm to delete all the user data.
- Scroll down to Yes delete all user data and press Power key to confirm.
- When the Data wipe complete. is displayed, select Reboot system now and press Power key to confirm to reboot your handset.